Ladies…come shake your tail feather, shift energy, drink some cacao and have fun!!! I guarantee you’ll feel freer & lighter afterwards. This event really is all about having FUN & dancing like no one is watching!!!!! 🙂
Date: Saturday 23rd November
Time: 5pm – 7pm
Location: BONCO Wellness Studio, Claremorris.
Energetic Exchange: €25pp (€15 deposit payable now to secure your place)
Movement and music are medicines, add ceremonial grade cacao in the mix and you have a great and fun way of shifting energy. We can often keep ourselves so rigid and serious in our daily lives…it’s time to loosen up and shake it off!
Don’t worry though, we won’t be ‘shaking & shifting’ for a full 2 hours…probably only about 40 minutes out of the evening. To start I will explain about Cacao, we’ll share this beautiful plant medicine, get our groove on and then finish with a relaxing meditation :-).
Note: This is not a guided dance or exercise class! You don’t need to be of any ‘fitness’ level. This is about movement as medicine (whether you want to shake, sway, stretch, sit, flow…it’s up to you & how you feel!). The intention is that you move intuitively with your own body, tuning in and helping energy to flow, making you feel more alive while also releasing endorphins to make you feel good. Yes, you may feel awkward or ridiculous at the start…but that’s just what you tell yourself in your own mind. Putting ourselves outside our comfort zone helps break down the limits we put on ourselves!
Ceremonial grade cacao is ‘chocolate’ in its original and pure form. Chocolate has been known as a gift of love for centuries and it was a highly valued commodity, revered by many ancient cultures for its’ healing and heart opening abilities (before it became the overly-processed, sugary treat we know today!).
Cacao is a high vibrational superfood, loaded with antioxidants, magnesium & minerals which not only flood the body with nutrition, but it also has molecules (anandamide & phenylethylamine) which are natures’ own ‘anti-depressants’ that release feelings of love and bliss that people often experience from cacao. Cacao is a safe ally and it is known as a ‘connection facilitator’ helping you to connect more with yourself.
**BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL and a €15 deposit is required (which is non-refundable if cancelled less than 24 hours before the event). This can be paid via the link above.
Feel free to also send any music requests for the playlist & we’ll see what flows!!
What to Bring:
* A cup (for the Cacao)
* A pillow or cushion (to lay your head for the meditation)
* Wear comfortable clothes
Pop me a message for more details or if you have any questions xx
Please read the notes below as they are important!!
***NOTES RE: CEREMONIAL CACAO***
What to Avoid Before a Cacao Ceremony:
• Caffeine intake for 6 hours before, as it may be over-stimulating and effect your connection to the cacao
• Mind-altering substances the day of ceremony: alcohol, marijuana, psychedelics, etc.
• Dairy products on the day of the ceremony, as they counteract some of the amazing benefits of cacao
• A large meal in the 2-3 hours prior to ceremony so that the cacao has the best opportunity to be the only thing in your belly for the greatest connection with this plant medicine. Please eat a small snack in those hours before ceremony, if needed.
While Cacao is a safe ally, please send me a message if you are on any of the following medication, so I can be aware and give you a lower dosage:~
• Anti-Depressants: The MAOIs in cacao can interact with some anti-depressant medications, and create unpleasant side effects, such as severe migraine headaches. If your doctor has told you to avoid fermented foods, then cacao is not a good idea, as it is fermented.
• Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: There are no known contraindications of cacao for expectant mothers. In fact, the health benefits of cacao will likely support pregnancy and nourish mamas who are breastfeeding. As always, tune into what your body is telling you and drink less cacao, if needed.
• Heart Conditions: Cacao increases your heart rate 20-30% so if this could be a problem for you, start with a very small dose and notice how you feel. Cacao also lowers blood pressure, so if you know that you have low blood pressure, please tune into your body and consider a smaller dose of cacao.
Learn more about cacao here: