Join Karen Maloney from Soul.Power.Light & Kasia Slabon from Sound Magic Ireland/Mindfulness Haven Galway for a magical, relaxing afternoon of soothing sounds & cacao.
The intention of this joint event is to hold a space for you to deeply relax and open your heart to yourself.
Date: Sunday 24th November
Time: 4pm – 6pm
Location: Mindfulness Haven, Terryland, Galway H91 D2P5
Energetic Exchange: €35pp (€15 deposit required to secure your place, balance on the day)
Karen will open the afternoon by sharing the powerful plant medicine of ceremonial grade cacao. Cacao is ‘chocolate’ in its original and pure form. Chocolate has been known as a gift of love for centuries and it was a highly valued commodity, revered by many ancient cultures for its’ healing and heart opening abilities (before it became the overly-processed, sugary treat we know today!).
Ceremonial grade cacao is a high vibrational superfood, loaded with antioxidants, magnesium & minerals which flood the body with nutrition, but it also has molecules (anandamide & phenylethylamine) which are natures’ own ‘anti-depressants’ that release feelings of love and bliss that people often experience from cacao. This cacao is a safe ally to help deepen your meditation experience and also deepen your connection with yourself.
Once we have shared the cacao, Karen will lead a short meditation to help you settle into your space, before Kasia will bring the group through a beautiful sound relaxation using singing bowls and gongs.
Sound is a powerful healer and just by listening to these sounds, your brain can easily move to the Theta state which can awaken more awareness, intuition and bring more balance and harmony into your life.
Joining Sound Relaxation with Cacao is an effortless way to enter a meditative state. No previous experience is needed.
Just lie down, close your eyes and let these ancient healing modalities do their magic.
Allowing yourself to be bathed by the sounds of the singing bowls and gongs, provides many health benefits including:
-Boosts immune system
-Helps with insomnia
-Lowers stress and anxiety
-Slows down and normalises breathing patterns & heart rate
-Relaxes muscles & helps generate more self-acceptance, self- awareness, compassion, and love
**Places are limited so BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL.
A €15 deposit is required (which is non-refundable if cancelled less than 24 hours before the event). This can be paid via my link above. The balance can be paid on the day.
What to Bring:
* A cup (for the Cacao)
Pop Karen a message for more details or if you have any questions xx
Please read the notes below as they are important!!
***NOTES RE: CEREMONIAL CACAO***
What to Avoid Before a Cacao Ceremony:
• Caffeine intake for 6 hours before, as it may be over-stimulating and effect your connection to the cacao
• Mind-altering substances the day of ceremony: alcohol, marijuana, psychedelics, etc.
• Dairy products on the day of the ceremony, as they counteract some of the amazing benefits of cacao
• A large meal in the 2-3 hours prior to ceremony so that the cacao has the best opportunity to be the only thing in your belly for the greatest connection with this plant medicine. Please eat a small snack in those hours before ceremony, if needed.
While Cacao is a safe ally for everybody, please send Karen a message if you are on any of the following medication, so I can be aware and give you a lower dosage:~
• Anti-Depressants: The MAOIs in cacao can interact with some anti-depressant medications, and create unpleasant side effects, such as severe migraine headaches. If your doctor has told you to avoid fermented foods, then cacao is not a good idea, as it is fermented.
• Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: There are no known contraindications of cacao for expectant mothers. In fact, the health benefits of cacao will likely support pregnancy and nourish mamas who are breastfeeding. As always, tune into what your body is telling you and drink less cacao, if needed.
• Heart Conditions: Cacao increases your heart rate 20-30% so if this could be a problem for you, start with a very small dose and notice how you feel. Cacao also lowers blood pressure, so if you know that you have low blood pressure, please tune into your body and consider a smaller dose of cacao.
Learn more about cacao here: